NAMA is in the process of becoming a Professional Body and the availability of the course forms part of this process.
Course outline for the Programme in Community Scheme Portfolio Management (Level 1)
- Introduction to Sectional Title
- Introduction to Home Owners Associations
- Introduction to Retirement Villages
- The Community Schemes Ombud Service & Dispute Resolution
- Introduction to Law for the Built Environment including town planning legislation
- Introduction to Facilities Management including occupational health and safety
- Financial and administrative principles relating to Community Schemes
- Professional Communication
The objective of the programme is to provide the necessary skills and knowledge to the Community Scheme Portfolio Manager to effectively, efficiently and successfully manage a portfolio of community schemes with specific reference to sectional title schemes, homeowner associations and retirement villages. On completion of this programme a delegate will have the theoretical knowledge to understand why and how to perform the necessary tasks expected of a Community Scheme Portfolio Manager.